Monday, March 5, 2007

Veggie Tales




Cooking for yourself can be fun if you do a little prep work and are willing to experiment. It doesn't have to be hard and it doesn't always require a lot of work, prep time or equipment. The really tasty dinner pictured above was quite simple.

The salad is just a store bought bag of greens that I added some diced seedless cucumbers, tomatoes and a little freshly grated parmesan to.

The garbanzo beans are from a recipe I found on Orangette (see my links). It's so easy...a can of garbanzo beans, a little olive oil, some lemon juice and yet again...all the freshly grated parmesan you can handle. I add a little salt and pepper as well. I've actually been known to eat this for breakfast. And lunch. For a snack. I'm addicted.

The veggies were super simple. I prep my veggies when I have extra time and put them in plastic baggies to make life easier. I started with some red onions in a little olive oil. After they cooked a little, I tossed in some yellow squash and zucchinni. I sprinkled with some sesame seeds at the end and let them toast up a little.

So simple, so good and so pretty! I like my food to be attractive. I didn't add it in the picture but I also had a little rosemary and garlic ciabatta bread that I toasted. Not bad for a Monday night, I must say. Plus, I don't feel as guilty about buying 286 boxes of Girl Scout cookies. DAMN YOU, Samoas!

No comments: